Painted knife block

I love the set of knives I have.  They were the first engagement gift that my husband and I received.  They are Chicago Cutlery, stainless steal, and each is one solid piece.  No handles that can break off.  They came with a knife block that I keep on my counter.  At our first townhome, the light-colored wood block went pretty well with my white kitchen.  When we moved for my husband's job, our kitchen colors changed.  We have dark cabinets and the walls have a gold-ish paint sponged over the white walls (it looks better than it sounds, plus we rent so we can't paint).  The light knife block stuck out like a sore thumb. 

We have our kitchen in bright colors.  A big red mixer, multi-colored fiestaware containers, and the prettiest rug woven with red, yellow, orange, and green.  I wanted my knife block to have some color as well.  I carefully took the knives out and started to paint.  I knew I wanted it to be red to balance out my mixer.  I did it while my husband was out, and he noticed it almost as soon as he came in.  I think it turned out pretty well!


Comments

  1. love this! who said just because you got something one way - you can't make it look better your way?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did you paint it? what type of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just acrylic. I probably got it from Walmart's craft department.

      Delete
  3. How fun is this! Love the color combo, too! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    Take care,
    Marlene
    Great data for Zespri New Zealand Kiwi fruit information

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts