Mayo-free Chicken Salad

I am longing for summer! The warm weather, the sun, the vacation time... All of it.  I got in the mood for one of my favorite summer foods: Chicken Salad.  My husband and I have been trying to eat more healthy foods, so when I set out to make the chicken salad, my only goal was to have moist, delicious salad with no mayonnaise.  I started by using the chicken leftover from the whole chicken I roasted in the crockpot.

I put small pieces of chicken into my food processor. I could have just shredded it with two forks, but I was feeling particularily lazy.

 Dump the shredded chicken into a large mixing bowl.

When I made my crockpot chicken, I saved all the broth.  I left it in the fridge so it gelled.  This is what I used to moisten the chicken.  It's about two cups altogether.

Place it spoonful at a time into the chicken and mix well.  Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.

I served it with carrot sticks.  I was going to use crackers to eat it with, but we were out so we used Fritos.  Kinda made up for the fact that this has no mayo in it!  It would be good on a sandwich, too.

Comments

Popular Posts