Apple Puffs

Attention everyone! Today, my husband and I got to sleep in! I feel like shouting it to the world =)  We have not been home on a weekend in a month, and this weekend we plan on really enjoying it. Between band spring concert, banquet, and finals, things at the school have been very hectic, but this coming Thursday is graduation, and then SUMMER VACATION!! I have not been this excited for summer since I was in school, myself. 

Today we got to sleep in, and we woke up feeling refreshed.  With no plans until the afternoon, I was able to take the time to actually make breakfast for my husband.  I did not tell him what I had in mind; I wanted to surprise him.

I decided to make apple puffs.
                                      
First I took a red apple, sliced it and chopped it into 1" pieces.

I used crescent rolls as my dough.  I unrolled them and layed them out flat.  I spread a little bit of butter on top of the dough.

Then, I filled the dough with a layer of apple pieces.

I sprinkled the apples with my cinnamon-sugar mixture (2 tbs sugar, 1 tbs cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp salt).

I topped it with another roll, pressed the sides together, and sprinkled more cinnamon-sugar mix on top.

I baked the puffs according to the directions on the dough package. Mine said 350 for 12 minutes.
(The puffs in the back I made without the cinnamon; I don't much care for it)

These were so good and not too sweet.  They were very filling without being too heavy.  I ate mine plain...

...while my husband topped his with icecream (for breakfast??... I don't judge)

These were so simple and quick to make, and we enjoyed being able to sit and enjoy breakfast together.  I'll definitely make these again!

Comments

  1. Wonderful recipe! I will not judge either, because I would totally be guilty of the same thing your hubby did. ;) Thanks so much for sharing these delicious apple puffs on Fabulous Friday. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream for breakfast is the best! I would know! hahaha Looks yummy :) -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great recipe recipe...thanks so much for sharing. I will make this for the hubs. happy that you got some your free time, hope you have many more weekends like this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious and simple! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this looks so great! I'm a new follower from a blog hop and would love if you followed me at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so YUMMY! I have pinned it to my Breakfast Foods board. And I would love to have you come by, link up and show off this project at the Creative Corner Hop. The linky party begins every Monday and stay open all week.

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. MmmM - that looks so good! And I would eat it with ice cream on it for breakfast!!

    Thanks for sharing at Romance on a dime!! I'm pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look so yummy and simple to make too. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts