Salsa Chicken in the Crock Pot

 

Now that school has started back (and high school football!), I am trying to find little things to make our lives a little easier.  Football season is band season, and having a band director for a husband means that we have late rehearsals, games, and Saturday band competitions.  Sometimes it feels like we live at the school, so when we are at home, I want as much quality family time as I can get since it won't just be the two of us for much longer! One time-saver I have is using my crock pot to fix dinner.  I can throw ingredients together in the morning before school and come home to find dinner waiting on us!

This recipe is so simple, yet there are endless serving possibilities.  I put three thawed chicken breasts in the crock, covered them with a 16 oz jar of salsa, and cooked them on low from about 7:00 in the morning until we got home at 4:00.  Then all I had to do was take the chicken out and shred it, but it was so tender it fell apart on its own!

For dinner that night, we served the shredded chicken over tortilla chips with melted queso, sour cream, a little extra salsa, and anything else you want to put in nachos.  I purposely made more than enough chicken so that we could have leftovers, turing one dinner into two, and some lunches!

Comments

  1. That's the way to do it! A melt in the mouth meal waiting for you when you arrive home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts