Cheater's Beignets

While linking up to some of the blog parties I usually attend, a link for homemade doughnuts caught my eye.  My husband has been after me to make some recently, and this seemed so simple! I already had canned biscuits at home!

I popped open the can and realized that my biscuits were a good bit smaller than the ones in the original post.  I decided not to put the hole in the middle.  By doing so, I was no longer making doughnuts.  I was making beignets... basically the same thing, but I enjoy the fancy name.

I set my deep fryer to 375 degrees and placed my biscuits, a few at a time, into the basket.  I fried them for 20-30 seconds on each side until they were a beautiful golden brown.  As I removed them from the basket, I dipped one side into a bowl of sugar.  They are extremely hot when first removed from the oil, so I used tongs to dip them and put them on the plate.

The best part was that my husband had no idea that I was making them, so when I rounded the corner into the living room, he got pretty excited!  I'm really glad I stumbled across that link! They were quite simple and incredibly delicious =)

 

Comments

  1. These look so delicious and I think I can make them!

    I can't tell you how much I appreciate you sharing your creativity and linking up to Project Inspire{d}~ have a week filled with joy and blessings.

    Hugs, Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo in love with beignets...I get the mix from Cafe DuMonde,(New Orleans) off Amazon.
    I, too, have used a biscuit dough but never canned biscuits...don't you know I must try them.:))
    I am going to do a post on beignets soon...may I use your link and a photo?
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Using a mix sounds way better, but I am lazy =)

      Delete
  3. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a super cute blog! I look forward to reading more.

    You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, these look fabulous! Found your blog through Made in a Day and I'm a new follower!

    Christi
    http://the-not-so-perfect-momblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you are killing me. :D Looks delish. Thanks for sharing.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious. My friend uses biscuits to make donuts and adds cinnamon to the sugar. Yum! Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays! Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look Yummmmmm... You actually made them... wow!! Thank you for coming to link in.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, delicious. I am sooo going to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so delicious!! I'm trying to resist a craving for doughnuts now! :) Thanks for sharing this at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts