Mexican Marinated Chicken with Avocado Dressing


Summer time is in full swing here in Alabama, and technically, it won't be summer for a few more days!! It is so hot!

Luckily, summer means lots of cool summer produce. Avocados, tomatoes, cucumbers... I love them all. And there's nothing like using them in a salad to combat the heat!

But as much as I try, I can't just eat salad. I need something more filling. I need protein. This chicken did just the trick! I marinated chicken breasts in olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, onion powder, red pepper, and cumin. I browned it on the stove and finished it off in the oven (375 for 25 minutes). At the end, I topped it with a thin slice of Colby Jack cheese and broiled it until the cheese had melted. 


For the dressing, I mashed an avocado and mixed it with some cilantro, sour cream, onion powder, salt, pepper, and lime juice- almost like a thin guacamole. It was so good; I had to stop myself from just eating it with a spoon! I sliced some tomatoes to add to the salad and garnished it with a lime wedge. 


As you can see, somebody else thought it looked good, too. 

What is your favorite summer dish? Let me know in the comments!



Comments

Popular Posts